By Debra Dalgleish
Beginning PivotTables in Excel 2007 explains what Pivot Tables are, how one can reap the benefits of utilizing them, how one can create them and alter them, and the way to take advantage of their more desirable beneficial properties. utilizing a Pivot desk in Microsoft place of work Excel 2007 is a brief and fascinating approach to slice and cube a large number of data.
- Carefully explains some great benefits of utilizing Pivot Tables for speedy facts analysis
- Provides a step by step method of these new to Pivot Tables
- Offers information and tips that can not be discovered elsewhere
What you’ll learn
- Summarize hundreds of thousands of documents in a Pivot desk with a couple of clicks of the mouse.
- Quickly swap the Pivot desk format to view a distinct precis of the data.
- Filter a Pivot desk to target one zone or the pinnacle 10 products.
- Add shades or icons to focus on the excessive or low results.
- Use calculations to reinforce the Pivot desk summaries.
- Create visible impression with a pivot chart.
Who is that this publication for?
This publication is for Excel clients who are looking to know about Pivot Tables. in case you paintings with monetary information, logistics documents, revenues orders, customer support stories, site records, source monitoring, occasion making plans, or the other set of files, a Pivot desk can help assessment, examine, video display, and file at the information. while your reporting requisites switch, you may make minor changes to the Pivot desk, rather than beginning a worksheet precis from scratch.
About the Apress starting Series
The starting sequence from Apress is the suitable option to get the data you must land that an important entry-level activity. those books will educate you a regular and demanding expertise from the floor up simply because they're explicitly designed to take you from Ã¯Â¿Â½novice to professional.Ã¯Â¿Â½ Youll commence your trip by means of seeing what you must knowbut with out pointless conception and filler. Youll construct your ability set through studying tips to prepare real-world tasks step-by-step. So even if your aim is your subsequent occupation problem or a brand new studying chance, the start sequence from Apress will take you thereit is your relied on advisor via surprising territory!
Related Titles from Apress
- Excel PivotTables Recipe ebook: A Problem-Solution Approach
- Beginning Excel What-If information research instruments: Getting all started with target search, info Tables, situations, and Solver
- Beginning SharePoint with Excel: From beginner to Professional
- Excel 2007: past the Manual
- Excel as Your Database
- Definitive consultant to Excel VBA, moment Edition
Read Online or Download Beginning PivotTables in Excel 2007: From Novice to Professional (Beginning from Novice to Professional) PDF
Similar .net books
Starting internet improvement, Silverlight, and ASP. internet AJAX: From amateur to specialist goals to provide you the abilities you must begin construction internet functions with Microsoft’s next–generation expertise as speedy as attainable. no matter if you’re drawn to ASP. internet AJAX, Silverlight, or the applied sciences that help them (WPF, WCF, WF, and so forth.
Lot of fine theories, i would not casll it a e-book of "strategies" notwithstanding, the largest flip off is the sample-code, it merely ships with . aspx web page, no code-behind! !! !! !! !! !! it is all in-line coding (tradition ASP variety) and you'll now not debug something seeing that there isn't any resolution! !! ! in the event you permit IDE deal with code-behind, it does not behave as anticipated :( i can't let you know HOW tricky it's not which will "run" the code, all you are able to do is make a digital listing, element it to the folder the place you downloaded examples after which "look" the code by means of getting into urls manually!
Starting PivotTables in Excel 2007 explains what Pivot Tables are, how one can take advantage of utilizing them, how you can create them and regulate them, and the way to take advantage of their better positive aspects. utilizing a Pivot desk in Microsoft place of work Excel 2007 is a brief and fascinating technique to slice and cube a large number of info.
* the one booklet out there devoted to the What-If services and instruments outfitted into Excel, that are key to many enterprise research situations. * concentrated and to the purpose – the place different Excel books strength the reader to struggle through 100’s of pages of comparable details and devote hours of analyzing, this publication will get immediately to the subject of training the reader approximately What-If state of affairs instruments in Excel.
- Microsoft C# Programming for the absolute beginner
- Professional DotNetNuke Module Programming
- ASP.NET 2.0 MVP Hacks and Tips
- Visual Studio 2005 All-In-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- ASP.NET AJAX Programmer's Reference: with ASP.NET 2.0 or ASP.NET 3.5
Extra resources for Beginning PivotTables in Excel 2007: From Novice to Professional (Beginning from Novice to Professional)
The Refresh command in the Data group on the Ribbon 4. In the pivot table, the data is refreshed, and it shows new totals for the East and Midwest regions and a new Grand Total amount (see Figure 3-15). For comparison, the old totals are shown in Figure 3-15 but won’t remain on your worksheet. Figure 3-15. The refreshed pivot table shows new totals. ■Tip To quickly refresh the pivot table, right-click a cell in the pivot table, and in the context menu, click Refresh. 4e39d27715ea33bfeed83c26800166a2 8903Ch03CMP2 7/31/07 7:43 PM Page 41 CHAPTER 3 ■ MODIFYING A PIVOT TABLE Changing the Summary Function Currently, the pivot table shows a Sum of InsuredValue item for each region.
The last visible record is for policy 100207, and it has an entry of N in the Flood field. In the sample file there are 11 columns and 927 rows of data. Adding Column Headings Each column in the source data must contain a heading. The heading can be one word or multiple words, and all characters are allowed. You should use a short, descriptive, unique heading for each column in the source data. The headings should indicate the specific data that is contained in the column. For example, in the sample file, EQ is a concise heading for the column that indicates whether earthquake coverage is included.
Tip The column headings are visible only in the column buttons when the first row is not visible and a cell in the Excel table is active. Click outside the Excel table, and the column buttons show their letters. Table Is Automatically Named An Excel table is automatically named, as in Table1, when it is created. You can refer to this name when programming or when creating a pivot table. You can leave the table name that was created, but in this example you’ll change it to something more meaningful: 1.