By David H. Elliot
About The Product
Published via the yankee Geophysical Union as a part of the Antarctic examine Series.
Read or Download Contributions to Antarctic Research II PDF
Best regional books
Gender and Transitional Justice offers the 1st finished feminist research of the function of foreign legislations in formal transitional justice mechanisms. utilizing East Timor as a case learn, it bargains reflections on transitional justice administered by means of a UN transitional management. frequently awarded as a UN luck tale, the writer demonstrates that, even with girls and children’s rights programmes of the UN and different donors, justice for ladies has deteriorated in post-conflict Timor, and violence has remained a continuing of their lives.
`An vital booklet. .. concise, well-written, and well-organized. .. .It either informs and demanding situations the reader. 'Journal of nearby technological know-how, 31(4), 1991
Environmental difficulties, so far as they increase financial questions, even conflicting with pre-ecology economics, may be tackled in numerous methods. the best way selected via Bernard Coupe was once no longer the French 'voie royale', -a Louis-XIV similar of a speedway - however the slim direction, con sisting in rigorously imposing an easy yet legitimate version.
This ebook examines highbrow interest because the motive force in scholarly pastime at the borderlands of geography, historical past, anthropology, and different disciplines. the idea is that interest is a salient trait of sure humans earlier and current and that every box has its exemplars during this regard.
- Dawn in Arctic Alaska
- Cities and Consumption (Routledge Critical Introductions to Urbanism and the City)
- The Emergence of the Knowledge Economy: A Regional Perspective (Advances in Spatial Science)
- Bosnia & Herzogovina (Modern World Nations)
- [(Theatre and Performance in the Asia-Pacific: Regional Modernities in the Global Era)] [Author: Denise Varney] published on (July, 2013)
- The Geography of North America: Environment, Culture, Economy (2nd Edition)
Extra resources for Contributions to Antarctic Research II
3. Diamictitesare an end-member in the rangeof glacialdepositsand indicateice ..... 4. Sandstone-dominated, measured section CHIfromthePagoda Formation, Cherry Icefall. (SeeFigure3 forthekeytothe HORNERAND KRISSEK:FINE-GRAINEDCLASTICSFROM BEARDMOREGLACIER Section 120 39 CPZ Mackellar/Pagoda contact Diamictite:Gray-green,poorly sorted 110 lOO Scree cover Diamictite: Gray-green, abundant coarse quartz grains, rare chert and granite pebbles 9o Scree 8o cover Siltstone: Dark gray, micaceous 90% siltstone, 10% fine-grained sandstone 7o 6o 5o interbeds 70% siltstone, 30% sandstone Interbedded sandstone and siltstone, sandstone beds are 20-40 cm.
Measured section TGA fromthe MackellarFormation, showing the large-scale coarsening-upward sequence, followed by deltalobeabandonment anda returnto quietor deepwater conditions. ) small-scale ripplecrosslamination. Thesesiltyshales are interpreted to be delta-front deposits withinthe Mackellarbasinandrepresent quietwaterdeposition withsporadic episodes of morerapidsedimentation. Elam, 1985]. The continuedinflux of oxygen- and exhibitsiltylaminations andraresiltyinterbeds. Theseunderflows are importantto the interpretation of bottom-water conditions in the rangefrom 2 to 27 m in thicknessand exhibita consistent regionalthickness patternthatmaydefine the originalshapeof this portionof the Mackellar alepositional basin (Figure 10).
The difference was consistent with the results from theElephantMoraine. On the ice field adjacentto the Allan Hills, it takesonly 61 + 5 daysof ablationat summerratesto equal the annual amount. The trendin the datasuggests thataveragesummer temperatureson the ice fields increase from the ElephantMoraine towardthe marginof the ice sheet. As a result, summerablationrates (see Table 3 and Figure 7) rise toward the margin of the ice sheet, requiring slightly fewer days in the Allan Hills to equalthe amountof ice lostannuallyat eachlocality.